What are Omega 3-6-9?
Omega 3-6-9 are fatty acids made up of chains of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen atoms. These help our cardiovascular, circulatory, cognitive, immune system and joint health. Both Omega 3 and 6 are considered essential fatty acids as they are not produced by the body and must be added through our diet.
Omega 3’s are polyunsaturated fatty acids which have their first double bond located at the 3rd carbon from the omega end.
- ALA-Alpha-linolenic-acid (18 carbon chain with 3 cis bonds)
- EPA-Eicosapentaenoic acid (20 carbon chain with 5 cis bonds)
- DHA-Docosahexaenoic acid (22 carbon chain with 6 cis bonds)
Omega 6’s are polyunsaturated fatty acids which have their first double bond located at the 6th carbon from the omega end.
- LA-Linoleic acid (18 carbon chain with first double bond located at the 6th carbon from omega end)
- GLA- Gamma-linolenic acid (18 carbon chain, different from LA)
- AA- Arachidonic acid (20 carbon chain)
Omega 9’s are monounsaturated fatty acids with their first double bond located at the 9the carbon from the methyl end.
- OA- Oleic acid (18 carbon chain)
Research recommends that a balance of 2:1 to 4:1 Omega 3 to Omega 6 and 9 is ideal for healthy diet.
We offer a variety of Omega 3 products including:
- Omega 3 Capsules
- Omega 3 Concentrate
- Omega 3 Oils
- Omega 3 Oil Powder
- Omega 3 Pills
- Omega 3 Softgels
- Powdered Omega 3 Products
Benefits of Omega 3-6-9
These fatty acids play an important role in our skin and hair function and appearance. Omega 3 and 9 help the anti-inflammatory response of the skin which omega 6 promotes the pro-inflammatory response for regrowth. Omegas help to increase hair and skin strength, elasticity and prevent hair loss. Both topical and oral supplementation are effective ways to deliver essential fatty acids to your skin and hair.
Sources of Omega 3-6-9:
- Chia seed oil & oil powder
- Hemp seed oil & oil powder
- Cranberry oil & oil powder
- Flaxseed oil & oil powder
- Grape seed oil & oil powder
- Borage oil & oil powder
- Rice bran oil & oil powder
- Soybean oil & oil powder
- Sunflower oil & oil powder
- And more
Sacha Inchi Benefits
This organically grown and sustainably harvested Peruvian plant is a natural source of omega 3, 6 and 9. Sacha inchi is also a great source of vitamins A and E- two vitamins known for their excellent antioxidant properties. Sacha inchi is a completely vegetarian option for protein and essential fatty acids which the body cannot produce. Connoils can help you create custom formulations made to spec.
Connoils is a USA based supplier and distributor of oil and oil powders including Saw Palmetto, CBD, MCT, Hemp Seed, Coconut, Borage, Flax Seed, Chia Seed, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Evening Primrose, Wheat Germ, Pumpkin Seed, Black Currant, Rice Bran, Grape Seed, Sunflower Seed, Safflower Seed, Cranberry, Phytosterols, Lecithin, Palm, Pomegranate, Soy, Black Cumin Seed, Fish Oil, Rosemary, Whey, Avocado, Almond, Olive, Strawberry Seed, Lavender and more.